If you need a credit card but have had trouble getting a regular credit card due to bad credit or no credit history, then a prepaid debit card is a good choice for you. Since no credit check is needed, your approval is 100% guaranteed. Some of the prepaid cards may even help you to build or rebuild your credit. Prepaid debit cards can also help you control your spending if you tend to overspend because you can only spend up to the amount you have pre-deposited into the account. Compare the following prepaid debit card offers and apply online for the one that fits your needs.
What are Prepaid Debit Cards?
A prepaid debit card is the perfect solution if you are a bank client with bad credit. Today, the possession of a credit card has become an absolute necessity. It is needed when you want to book a vacation or make airplane reservations. This is why the prepaid debit cards may be the greatest option for your needs.
The name of this product explains what the debit card is all about. The owner will have to deposit money in a bank account for the prepaid card to be issued. This card can be used just like any standard credit card with one great advantage - it puts you in no debt. You will simply be spending the money deposited in the bank account. Once this sum is gone, you will no longer be capable of using the prepaid card. Owners of prepaid debit cards are free from dealing with additional charges and interest rates that are typically connected to other kinds of credit cards.
In order to get a prepaid debit card, you will have to pay an initial small fee that is needed for the opening of the bank account. This is the only step mandatory step. The financial product is readily available to people that have bad credit.
A prepaid debit card comes with a number of additional advantages. You can easily control expenditures and stay in charge. After all, you will be using your own financial resources rather than bank funds. The prepaid debit card is a convenient product in a world that demands a credit card for nearly any transaction. It can be used both online and in the offline realm.
Budgeting becomes much easier. It is also a much safer option than carrying large amounts of cash around. Many parents will confirm that the prepaid card is the best option for their teens and children.
Benefits of Prepaid Debit Cards
Prepaid debit cards have become increasingly more popular in the last year. They are ideal for teenagers, college students, and people with a less-than-perfect credit rating. Here are some of the benefits:
- Controllable spending power - Prepaid debit cards work as regular credit cards. You can use them to purchase goods online and in-store. All you need to do is to give your card to the merchant, sign your name on the receipt, and then get your card back.
- Convenience - Like most cards, prepaid debit cards are issued under a MasterCard or Visa badge. Therefore, they have the same acceptance as debit and credit cards. You can use your prepaid debit card at stores, restaurants, gas stations, and online.
- Financial planning - The main advantage of using prepaid debit cards is that you are in complete control of your money. With this type of card, you can only spend what you have paid in.
- Added protection - People who use prepaid debit cards are protected from unauthorized transactions if the card is lost or stolen. Your card can be easily replaced in the event of theft or loss.
- Teaching tool - Prepaid debit cards are very popular among young people. This type of card can help teenagers become financially responsible and learn good money management skills. This can give your child a great sense of independence. If your children are using a prepaid debit card, you can check their balance and transaction history online or by phone.
- Security - If your prepaid debit card is stolen, the thieves will not be able to use the card excessively. They can only spend the funds available on the card.
- Gift giving - If your family members are using prepaid debit cards, you can fund their cards on special occasions.
Related Blog Posts
- The Pros and Cons of Prepaid Credit Cards
What looks like a credit card, is often called a credit card, serves the same purpose as a credit card but isn't really a credit card? Answer: A prepaid credit card. A prepaid credit card—sometimes called a prepaid debit card—can be an alternative... READ MORE
- How Do Prepaid Debit Cards Differ From Bank Debit and ATM Cards?
Sometimes, cash isn't always practical. For those who prefer to carry some sort of plastic, there are plenty of different options. Prepaid debit cards are one form of payment that can be used to in lieu of cash. What is a prepaid debit card? A prepaid debit card is debit card... READ MORE